Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Strike? What strike?

I've been hearing quite a bit lately about the whole writers' strike thing - a lot of people are upset that their favourite shows aren't on or are showing reruns. I find it kind of funny that we haven't really noticed it, probably because we don't watch a lot of TV, and when we do it's usually the Food network or HGTV. We've really been getting into older shows and movies lately, like...




The Avengers - a fabulous British show from the 60's which I highly recommend - and...




Audrey Hepburn classics like Roman Holiday, Sabrina, Funny Face, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and Paris When It Sizzles. Don't you just love boxed sets? They're all wonderful. I'd give RH, BaT and PWIS all nine out of ten. S and FF I'd give an eight, but only because of the whole May/December thing they've got going on between Hepburn and her respective leading men, Humphrey Bogart and Fred Astaire. Still entirely enjoyable viewing, though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Audrey Hepburn! She's so cute and feminine. I found Funny Face a little off the wall for my taste, but Roman Holiday and BaT are favourites.

I've never seen The Avengers, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

Sarah C said...

I think you'll really like them - as long as you're into British stuff, that is.