Monday, January 28, 2008

Nowhere to go but up

Sorry I haven't been blogging much - last week was the week from hell, and I really didn't want to recount most of it when I got home. Living through it once was enough. This week can only be better, so I promise I'll get back on track here soon.

One good thing that happened last week is that I decided to try and make macaroons - one of the simplest recipes I've ever made. And so yummy! Here it is in its entirety:

2 cups coconut
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2-3/4 teaspoon rum flavouring
maraschino cherries, cut in half

All you do is mix the first 4 ingredients, plop them onto a greased cookie sheet, stick half a cherry on top of each, and pop them into a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes. They're wonderfully sweet and chewy. Just make sure that you take them off the pan while they're still warm, or you'll get quite a workout! I learned this the hard way :o)

No comments: