Monday, February 9, 2009

Vive la France!

I'm so excited! Yesterday afternoon I booked the airline tickets for our vacation this year - we're going to France! Woo hoo! Our trip isn't until May, but that means I get to start planning now, and that's half the fun of any trip for me :) What's extra exciting is that back in January our friends J&K moved to Nancy, which is in Alsace-Lorraine, so we're going to be able to visit them while we're there. Yay!

Since we're currently in the planning stage, I want to ask all of you - if you've been to France, what is the one thing that you would recommend we see and/or do? And if you haven't been, what would be on the top of your list of things to see and/or do?

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Oooh, lovely! I am just the tiniest bit envious. (Okay, that's an understatement.) I can tell you where I want to go... to see old school Savon de Marseilles being made. Now that would be divine. Happy planning!

Mitchell DeWare said...

Ummm ... definitely some street-side cafe with a man wearing a striped shirt and a beret style cap playing the accordion, and also sporting a funny little mustache, while you're served some dainty dish or dessert ... oh, a crepe! ... at a little table with tea or a mocha - yup, pretty much awesome ...

Sherrie said...

I just saw this and thought it might be some good inspiration for you. http://www.stephmodo.com/2009/02/this-is-what-france-looks-like.html