Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Let's kick her while she's down

It seems that I just can't catch a break this winter. I'm mostly over the flu that hit this weekend, but it turns out that the sore throat that I thought was just a manifestation of this particular bug is actually strep throat. What am I doing wrong? I went to see my doctor this afternoon, and am now taking the prescribed antibiotics, but man oh man!

On a different note, stay tuned for updates later this week about a new adventure that might be in the works...

And before you even ask, I'm not pregnant. ;o)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

I'm so sorry that you have strep throat! It sucks. Royally. Because you can't eat or swallow without insane pain. In the membrane. Okay, enough rambling - I'm excited to read about your new adventure!

Annie said...

Ooooh I hope you'll feel better soon. Strep is so miserable. The only cool thing that happened to me while I had strep is I had really incredible dreams of fairies. It was a bit like in Moulin Rouge when they see the fairy after drinking absinth - pretty wild. The thing was that some of the fairies were good and wanted to help me while others were trying to make throat more sore. I think the later won that night!

I remember chicken bouillon being the only thing that could sooth my throat and I drank gallons of it.