Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Food Week - Lunch

Today's theme for food week is lunch, and my apologies to anyone who reads this blog regularly - this post is going to be a repeat for you. One of my favourite things to eat at lunch is soup. It packs well, and keeps me full until supper, so I've chosen my all-time favourite soup recipe to share with you (I know the picture doesn't show it, but there are actually veggies in this soup. They're just all at the bottom for some reason.):

Curry Chicken Soup

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. flour
1 Tbsp. curry powder
1 tsp. cumin
5 cups chicken broth
1 tomato, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and chopped
1 lb pre-cooked chicken, shredded

Saute the apple, onion, carrot & garlic in oil for 5-6 minutes. Mix flour, curry & cumin in a small bowl and add to vegetable mix. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Stir in the broth, tomato & potato, bringing it to a boil. Lower the heat and cook at a gentle simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add the chicken and heat 5 minutes or so. Season with salt & pepper.

[You can see the list of other participants in Food Week here. So far the recipes have all looked scrumptious, so check them out people!]

4 comments:

Stacey J. said...

MMM MMM Good. Love curry! Great recipe!!

Alli said...

I remember this recipe from comfort week, it reminds me to try it because it sounds soooo good!!!

Sherrie said...

Yum! That sounds (and looks) yummy! It's going on my list. :) And thanks again for the sweet dishcloths. Phillip loves them, especially yelling "YELL-OH!" at them when we're cleaning his face and hands. :)

ELK said...

oh this really sounds amazing and I know it smells really wonderful!