Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

Or rather, happy belated Canada Day! I hope you all had a wonderful one (at least those of you who live in Canada). Ours was pretty ideal. We had some friends over for brunch and then went out in the beautiful sunshine to practice some volleyball. TC has joined a rec league, so he and another player wanted to brush up on their skills. I ended up participating and managed to give myself six bruises and a sunburn - good fun! Then we spent the rest of the day napping, relaxing and reading. It really doesn't get much better than that!

The view from my parents' house

Now that Canada Day has come and gone, I've given myself permission to start thinking about our trip home, which is now a mere 3 sleeps away. I can hardly wait! Even TC is excited, and he generally doesn't let himself get excited about things :) I'm so looking forward to visiting everybody, and finally being able to see my parents' new house. Seriously, it messes with my head that I can't picture where my parents live. When I talk to my mom or dad on the phone, I can picture them sitting in a particular chair but that chair is always surrounded by empty black space. But not for much longer!

Another thing I'm really looking forward to? Open green spaces, with nothing surrounding me but grass, trees and wildflowers. And the ocean, with its salty spray and the smell of seaweed. Being enveloped in the quietness of nature that is better than silence.

3 more sleeps.

No comments: