Monday, July 28, 2008

Impossible Pie

I have no pictures to show you, but I tried a recipe that I just have to tell you all about. It's rather astounding! It's called Impossible Pie. I made it last night and couldn't believe that it worked. Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut

Mix all ingredients together in a big bowl. Pour into a well greased 10" pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

That's it. You're done, and the result is a very yummy but not too sweet custard pie, with crust and filling and topping all done. I have no idea how it works, but it does! If you're like me and don't have a 10" pie plate, you can use a 9" plate but will have about 1/2-3/4 of a cup of the mixture left over.

No comments: