Thursday, July 24, 2008

Crafty updates...

Remember that yarn I told you I bought in Yarmouth? Well, I'm loving it. It's such an earthy yarn, if that makes sense (it's Briggs & Little Tuffy in forest green). And I'm really enjoying the making of my first pair of socks. Check out the progress I've made so far:

Not bad, if I do say so myself! I've just started making the heel and I'm rather excited that it's actually looking somewhat sock-ish :) Blogless Annie has been wonderfully helpful, answering all my knitting-related questions, since I'm very much a newbie knitter.

I also bought some yarn in Saint John while we were at the city market. My mum wanted me to make her a scarf, so she picked out the yarn and I brought it home with me. And here it is:

The pictures don't show it very well, but it's actually kind of sparkly. And it's wonderfully soft, at least partly because of the pattern, which is very open.


I'll tell you one thing, though. After winding these two skeins of yarn into balls, I've decided that I would really like to get ahold of one of these and one of these, in that order!

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow I love that scarf!!! The pattern works really well with the yarn. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope to make it someday.

As for a swift and a ball winder all you need is to have Trevor hold the yarn while you work it! Just kidding I know what you mean, I LOVE my ball winder and I can't wait to have a swift.

Your sock looks awesome so far! I can't wait to see it finished!

Sarah C said...

You've given me an awesome idea, Annie! I wonder if Trevor would make me a swift - they don't look too complicated.

Hmm...

Anya said...

The scarf looks beautiful and easy to crochet. I have a skein of yarn that would make a perfect lacy scarf.

As for yarn winder and a swift, I think those are a MUST, once you get into "real" knitting/crocheting. I am planning on buying mine before the end of summer.