Friday, July 18, 2008

Hello Oak Point!

I don't have as many pictures of the second half of our vacation, which we spent in New Brunswick with my parents. Well, that's not exactly true, it's just that most of the NB pics are of people, and I'm not willing to post recognizable pictures of people on here. But here's what I can show you :)

The front veranda of my parents' new house. We spent quite a bit of time out here, chatting, reading and looking at this...

That's my grandmother's house in the foreground, and the mighty Saint John River behind it. It was pretty windy and beautifully sunny most of the time, and there were always sailboats and powerboats and seadoos out playing on the river, which was fun to watch.

This is the side view from the new house, with the old barn where my grampy used to keep his cows and their hay. Now they use it as a garage.

And the back yard, with the old hen house and dad's garden way up the hill by the truck (which I hope has really good brakes!). People here in Toronto wonder why I laugh when they talk about their big back yards :)

We made some scrumdiddlyupmtious strawberry jam while we were home. Well, sort of. "We" hulled the berries, and then Mum and Dad made the jam, but I still consider that a group effort. There are now 4 bottles of it in my pantry - yum yum!

TC took this picture of the table he set for the supper we had the night my brother and his girlfriend came to see us. Very summery!

That's it for NB pictures, folks. We did do some pretty fun stuff, but I just didn't think to take the camera. One day we went to the Saint John City Market, which is a must for me whenever I come home. I picked up some dulse, and Mum and I had tea and sweets at the Infusion Tea Room just north of the market while TC scoped out the local second-hand book stores.

We also got a chance to visit our friends SherrieG, Adam and little Mr. P, who happened to be vacationing near us - what are the odds of that?

All in all, it was a wonderful vacation. I'm so thankful we were able to go.

Only 155 more sleeps until we get to go back...

No comments: