Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Nameless Post

I've been trying to write this post all day, and it's not working out too well. I think I've finally figured out why.

I love reading other people's blogs - seeing what they have to say and think about various things. And many of the blogs that I read are very well done, written by very talented writers who have chosen this medium as their own for whatever reason, or by people who live what I consider extraordinary lives. They are witty and wonderful and highly entertaining.

I was trying to be like them, and I am not.

This blog will probably never have an overarching theme that makes it appealing to massive amounts of readers. I don't think I really want it to. And I have no aspirations of being a great writer, or even a not-so-great writer. I'm just not that ambitious :)

Instead, this is a little space where I get to blather on about whatever has tweaked my interest on any given day, or share something that has happened in my life, mundane or otherwise. I'm doing it for me, though I'm glad you're all coming along for the ride, loyal blog readers. You make the trip much more fun!

So on that note, I'm going to quit with the navel gazing and go do something a little more interesting.

I may even post about it later... ;o)

5 comments:

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie said...

I read your blog because it's about you, not someone else who might be super entertaining, clever, adventurous - not that you don't possess these traits:).
It's your daily life I'm interested in so blog on!!!

Annie

Sarah C said...

Thanks Annie!

Anonymous said...

I don't know about you, but I write for my Mom, so she knows what I'm up to and doesn't have to worry. Bonus is that my audience of one always thinks I'm witty and tell good stories - yay for Mom's with unconditional positive regard!

Sarah C said...

lol...they are pretty wonderful, Maureen! Unfortunately, mine won't go near a computer :)