Monday, December 31, 2007

Weekend fun...

Another weekend has come and gone, and I don't really have anything to show for it except for the fact that the blue afghan I mentioned earlier is now finished. I'm a little disappointed with it, though. Because I bought the yarn in bulk and on two separate occasions, I wasn't able to be very picky about the dye lots of the different balls. Result:






I now have a two-toned afghan! If I didn't like the pattern/colours so much I don't think it would bother me that the two blues are so different, but I do, so it does. I was originally planning to give it away, but now I think I'll have to keep this one and make another. But first I need to finish making the matching pillows ;)

On Saturday, we went out for "breakfast" (at approx. 1:00pm) withTC's Brother G and Cousin J, and their respective wives, which was fun. Cousin J was visiting from Ottawa, and he and his wife have the cutest little puppy - I wish I had a picture - that likes to chew people's toes! We left the pup with Brother G's in-laws and had breakfast at an Irish-style pub, and then walked to the Pottery Barn at the request of Mrs. Cousin J. Apparently there isn't one in Ottawa. They have some really nice stuff there, but I find it to be overpriced. It was a good visit, though.



We also spent quite a bit of time this weekend playing a game that we got for Christmas called Ticket to Ride. I highly recommend it - it's a great deal of fun. You are essentially trying to create a network of train lines that connect whichever North American destinations you've been assigned before someone else claims that route or runs out of trains. Fun for the whole family (as long as your family has 2-5 people and is 8+)!

I guess I do have something to show for the weekend after all!

No comments: