Thursday, December 13, 2007

Aren't I a little old to be homesick?

I thought that I was doing pretty well with the whole 'not-going-home-for-Christmas' thing, but it seems that I may have been a little premature in coming to that conclusion. I was just looking at some pictures that a friend posted on facebook of their birthday/early Christmas celebration(s) and was swept by a wave of homesickness, which completely took me by surprise. It hit me the moment I realized that we are not only unable to visit our families this year, which is bad enough, but we're also not going to be able to visit all of the friends we would normally see - and all of a sudden I started missing everybody. Sigh. My solution? Everybody needs to come visit us ;)

So in order to keep myself from getting weepy (I am at work, after all, and nobody likes a weepy receptionist), I'm going to make a list of some of the things that I'm enjoying or looking forward to this Christmas:
  • not having to worry about booking flights or spending time in the airport
  • getting parcels full of presents in the mail
  • having 3 extra days off work to relax and enjoy the season
  • seeing Toronto all decked out for Christmas (it really is beautiful at this time of year)
  • learning about other people's Christmas traditions and experiences
  • celebrating with our friends that are here

That's not so bad, is it?

No comments: