Friday, November 23, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...Christmas!!

I love the fact that even though I haven't lived at home for years and years, my mom still sends me care packages! I just received one in the mail today filled with all kinds of Christmas goodies, including, but not limited to...

...these adorable Christmas tree ornaments...

...these Christmas decorations (isn't the reindeer cute?)...

...chicken bones, a chocolate-filled cinnamony East Coast Christmas tradition...

...a Christmas amaryllis...

...and finally this beautiful china cup! Mum is a tea drinker like me (or I'm a tea drinker like her?), so she knows how much I love china cups.

Thanks, Mum!

7 comments:

Sherrie said...

Mmmmmm, chicken bones! Right up there with toaster strudels as some of my favourite junk food! As for amaryllis, Adam always jokes that I would need to buy at least three in order to get one to bloom. Kindergarten kids can grow them no problem, but me? Nope. Roses, clematis, tulips, pretty much anything else flourishes. But not those amaryllis bulbs! Good luck, I hope yours is beautiful. :)

Mitchell DeWare said...

I love chicken bones! Yea for chicken bones!

Sarah C said...

lol...I'm just the opposite, Sherrie! An amaryllis is about all that I can successfully grow :)

You know, I've tried to share the yummy goodness of chicken bones with some Ontarians, and have yet to find one who likes them? Not that I mind - it's means more for me!

Anonymous said...

I honestly have no idea what you Easterners see in chicken bones... Of all the delicious treats in the world, I can't believe you'd choose to crunch on those things. Oh well, what can I say? I'm from Ontario...

Sherrie said...

Ah, I think the key word which may be causing your difficulty with chicken bones is the word 'crunch' - you need to lovingly and leisurely suck on them for a long time so the chocolate gets all melty... mmmm. Also, I think another name might be better for marketing purposes. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, as an outsider looking in, the name doesn't add any appeal. Are they actually referred to in the store as Chicken Bones?

Sarah C said...

They are indeed! I don't know about changing the name though - I think it's part of the fun :)