Saturday, November 3, 2007

An Ideal Day

I have been having a fantastic day! I slept in this morning, and then all I've done today is putter around the house, cooking, crocheting and even getting some work done on my French course. Oh, and I did go get groceries - a process which was greatly simplified by the menu plan I came up with. No more wondering what to get each week! I had my list ready in 5 minutes, walked to the store with my little cart while enjoying the crisp fall air, and was back out of the store within half an hour.



I made these granola bars yesterday with a recipe from a friend of mine. If I'd been thinking I would have taken a picture before I wrapped them up, but it's too late now :-) Then today I made spaghetti squash with feta-stuffed meatballs, which we'll have for supper tonight - a new recipe I found here. It says to make your own tomato sauce, but I cheated and used some pre-made stuff. I also had to cook the spaghetti squash a lot longer than the recipe called for, which made dinner a bit late, but well worth the wait. The best thing about it is that almost everything can be done ahead of time, so all you have to do just before is saute the spaghetti squash and put the meatballs in the tomato sauce and heat it up. It was very yummy! We had a friend staying with us for the weekend, and though none of us liked squash we all loved this dish. And for desert...


...pumpkin pie! Again, I cheated and used canned pumpkin, but it was much quicker that way :-)

All in all, an ideal day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The friend was me!!! I'm famous!

Sarah C said...

lol...Congratulations!

Sherrie said...

Was that my granola bar recipe by any chance? Am I famous, too? ;) I didn't even know you had a blog until Trevor showed up at the door this evening. :)

Sarah C said...

It was indeed your recipe,Sherrie, though they didn't turn out exactly like the ones we had at your place. But they were yummy nonetheless!

Congratulations to you too, on receiving the (dubious) honour of being mentioned in my blog! If you get any fortune to go with the fame, remember that I get a cut ;)

Sarah C said...

That goes for you too, Nick!