Monday, November 26, 2007

Becoming a Floater...

It's official - today I (sort of) started a new position in the company that I work for as the new Office Services Floater. It's not a promotion, but it is a change that I hope will provide me with more to do each day. I say that I 'sort of' started because I am currently training the person who will be working at reception in my place. So I will gradually be doing less at reception and more in the servery, the mailroom and the fileroom, floating between the different areas as needed.

3 comments:

Mitchell DeWare said...

So, has there been much "dialogue" about that? :)

Sarah C said...

Yes, and on a "go forward basis" it's hoped that this change will lead toward a promotion :)

Don't you just love jargon?

Mitchell DeWare said...

As long as "forward" is a synonym for "upward" ...