Saturday, November 24, 2007

Another ideal day...

I love Saturdays! It's the only day of the week where the only thing I have to do is what I want to do - for the most part :)

Today that meant making some more soap, this time a batch each of lemon chamomile (on the right) and clove (on the left).

Then I made some Christmas cookies, a very yummy lemon sugar cookie with lemon glaze. Here's the recipe:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
2-1/4 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Glaze: 3/4 cups icing sugar, 1-1/2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp water

Mix butter and sugar together well. Beat in egg. Add milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and cut into Christmasy shapes. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until edges are slightly browned. Let cool slightly and then glaze.



I even planted my amarylis! I'll try to remember to post updates on its progress. Now if I could just get work done on my French course, I'd be all set!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now those Christmas Cookies look delicious!!! Much more appetizing than those chicken bones.

Sarah C said...

They were indeed yummy! In fact, they were so good that they're already gone :) I'll have to make some more.