Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Hats, Hats, and More Hats...

I've been crocheting up a storm lately, getting into the world of hats! I've never made hats before, and am having a great deal of fun figuring out which yarns and hooks work best with which patterns. Here's a look at the ones I've made so far:


This is the good copy of the hat I gave to our friends who are expecting the baby (a girl, as you can tell).


These are 3 versions of the same hat made while I played with hook size and yarn tension. The first one would probably fit a 4-5 year old, the second one is huge, and the third one fits me nicely. So all I need to do is find a papa bear, mama bear and baby bear and I'll be all set!



This is my first attempt at creating my own pattern - it looks a little fez-like in the picture, but the top rounds out when it's actually on someone's head.



I think this beret is adorable! I just need to find a 5-7 year old girl who could wear it.



This last hat is not quite finished. There's supposed to be a ribbon going through the little gaps you can see about 2/3 of the way down, but I don't have it yet. I'm thinking a pretty blue would be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful rocking chair!

Sarah C said...

Thanks! It was a gift from my husband, who has wonderful taste (if I do say so myself!).