Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Taking Stock

Well, it's officially the last day of September - time to take stock of the 2 goals I had set for myself this month.

1) I am going to start attending yoga classes once a week at the studio down the street.

Okay, this didn't go exactly as planned. It's hard to motivate myself to join something like this on my own, and no one else I know was interested in joining with me, so I took a different path. At the beginning of the month I purchased a DVD with five 25-minute yoga workouts designed to be done in the morning. Then for the first 2 weeks, I did one every other morning, changing it up on the weekends with one of my other workout videos. For the last 2 weeks...let's just say that sleep has been winning out over yoga. On the plus side, though, I've been doing a lot more walking, so I'm hoping it all balances out :)

2) I am going to cut out any and all desserts for the month of September to break the habit of needing something sweet after a meal.

I'm so proud of myself! For this entire month I haven't had a single dessert. I have had some sweets (2 pieces of birthday cake, 2 pieces of 'congratulations on your promotion' cake, 1 piece of 'congratulations on your engagement' cake and 4 of J's brownies, because they're J's brownies), but none of them were for dessert. I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that we had 4 cakes at work this month, when we're normally lucky to have one every other month or so. What are the odds? Now the challenge is going to be keeping myself from gorging on chocolate...mmm, chocolate...

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Good for you! You can always have some of my chocolate soap cake for a calorie-free dessert. :)

Sarah C said...

You know what's funny (or sad - I'm not sure which)? When I saw your chocolate soap cake, I had the exact same thought :) It looks so good!