Tuesday, May 6, 2008

You never know...

I love to travel. Not like TC, who likes to be in different places but hates the process of getting there. I love everything about travelling - the planning that takes place beforehand, the anticipation, the journey and then the time spent at the destination - and it is one of the supreme ironies in our life right now that TC has had umpteen opportunities to travel all over for school, while I've had to stay home. To be completely honest, I've had to struggle with some feelings of resentment over this (and I'm happy to report that they have, for the most part, been overcome).

It was a little hard a couple of weeks ago, though, when TC headed down to Washington for his last monthly trip as part of a research seminar. When he first started going, way back in September, we had big plans for me to join him as some point, but life (and my lack of vacation time at work) conspired to make that impossible. He left on Thursday morning, and on Friday I received an email from my boss notifying me that I will need to go to Washington this week for a training course! It's only for a day, and I'll be in the course for most of that, but it means that I still get to go to Washington :)

Isn't it neat the way life works out sometimes?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, of all the places for your course to be held, you get sent to Washington? Hmmmm, it is neat how these things work out! Enjoy your trip!

Sherrie said...

Thank you so much for the dishcloth! I LOVE crocheted cloths because they grab all of the goo. I'm hoping to have a chance to take a photo tonight, and I'll get it to you. :) Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I've been to Washington 2 times and loved it. So much to see, and then being the American I am my patriotic heart swelled at some of the sights. Enjoy.