Monday, May 26, 2008

Wedding season has arrived!

Sorry for the lack of postings recently. We're currently in one of those busy phases, which will hopefully calm down a bit after all the couples in our home church finish getting married and all the activities we're part of finish up their 'end-of-year' festivities. So, mid-June-ish. I'm looking forward to the slower pace of summer, even though I'll be working throughout.

This weekend was spent at the first of three weddings this summer - a couple from our home church who met online. My favourite part about the wedding? The groom's face through the entire ceremony, and most of the reception, was covered with a great big beaming goofy grin :) The reception was held at the Old Mill Inn & Spa (more so the inn than the spa, of course), which is a huge and exquisitely beautiful spot, surrounded by gardens galore and located next to a meandering river, which on the day we were there was covered in flower petals from the trees that were blossoming everywhere - so pretty! Unfortunately, we forgot to take our camera, so there are no pictures...sorry!

I did remember to snap this shot before we left, though. I made a set of dishtowels and dishclothes for the wedding gift, which I wrapped in this gorgeous (and completely recycleable) paper that I got at Walmart (I'm weak, I know).

We didn't get home until rather late, and because I haven't been sleeping very well lately (stupid neck!), I slept in on Sunday and just lazed around for most of the day. About the only productive thing I did this weekend was fold the 2 loads of laundry that have been sitting around since Friday. And you know what? I'm okay with that :)

No comments: