Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yay for long weekends!

Well, the long weekend has come and gone, and I have to say that I'm happy with how much I managed to get done! Check it out:




I made this yummy chicken pot pie. It was rather chilly over the weekend so it tasted really good. Here's the recipe (I forget where I got it):

1-1/2 cups chicken stock

1 cup cooked chicken, shredded

3/4 cup frozen or fresh peas

1/3 cup celery, diced

1/3 cup carrots, diced

1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded

2 tbsps cornstarch

1/4 cup milk

2 9" pie crusts

In a medium pot combine stock, chicken, peas, celery and carrots. Bring to a boil. Mix the cornstarch and milk in a small bowl. Stir into stock mixture and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Stir cheese into mixture and pour into pie crust. Top with second crust, seal edges and cut slits in top. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.

I also did a little experimenting, making some body scrubs and bath salts. They're so simple to make I don't know why I haven't made them before! My home church is hosting a bake & craft sale in a couple of weeks to support a mission team that's going to Costa Rica, so I'll probably donate these to the cause (except for the weird purple-grey one, which didn't turn out the colour I was looking for).

And last, but certainly not least:

We put my garden in! It's an early birthday present from TC. Hopefully by the end of summer we'll be able to feast on our own green beans, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno peppers, strawberries, swiss chard, leeks and lettuce. I can't wait! I'll be keeping you posted on the garden's progress :)

No comments: