Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sallying into Soap-Making...

It's been another busy weekend - I feel like I'm falling behind, but I'm not sure in what, other than housework. We are currently without any fresh groceries, the laundry is stacked almost as tall as I am, and everything is covered in about half an inch of dust. I'm about a week behind in my French correspondance course, so maybe that's it. This week will have to be devoted to buckling down and getting all of that stuff done, since I spent this weekend milling soap! Soap making is a new thing for me, and I'm loving it.


We're actually using soap from my first attempt now - a cinnamon soap (the brown ones on the right) that smells wonderful and actually leaves your skin feeling a little warmed. I gave away the other kind, which only had a little bit of lemon essential oil added to cover the oily scent that the basic soap had, to some friends who are having a baby, since the basic Castille soap recipe (made with pure olive oil) is extremely gentle and great for sensitive skin.


This weekend I made a batch of ginger soap (on the left), and a batch of peppermint oatmeal soap (on the right). I love the texture that the oatmeal gives the soap. I'm still playing with different molds to see what works best. So far nothing I currently own is ideal, but I haven't tried everything yet.

No comments: