Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Organizational habits?

I have just completed my first attempt at a meal menu for the month of November. I was getting so tired of coming home from work and wondering, "what should I make for supper?" This wayI'll only have to answer that question once a month, and I can do it while I'm at work :) It should also help with the grocery situation. I've found in the last little while that our grocery spending has been more than it ought to be, and a lot of the fresh food that I was buying was going bad before I got around to using it. I was shopping with a list, but I rarely had a specific purpose in mind for anything that was on it. Now my list will have a purpose! Here's hoping I stick with it...

You know what's kind of funny? In looking at the menu that I've created for November, I probably won't have to get many groceries - just little stuff here and there. Why did I feel the need to keep getting groceries when I already had so much in the house? Habit, I guess :)

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

I loooove planning meals, and making menus - I usually do them on a weekly basis, as we get groceries once a week. You're right - it completely makes life easier, and it feels great to use up stuff you already have. :)

Sarah C said...

True. The only problem that I'm running into is that life doesn't always follow my meal schedule. I was supposed to be feeding Trevor a chicken pot pie tonight, for example, but as you know, he wasn't here :) I guess I'll just have to do some rearranging.