Monday, October 22, 2007

Novelty and Needles...

So I imagine that once the novelty of having a blog wears off I'll be posting a little less often, but for now it's still new and fun - although it's a little weird too. I have just today received confirmation that other people (or at least another person) read this blog. I know that this is ostensibly the point, but it is a fact that still requires a bit of adjusting. For me, anyway.

Today was allergy shot day, which is always a joy and thrill. I go in once a week and am injected with a serum of allergens that is gradually increasing in concentration and amount, the idea being that I will hopefully become immune to them. I don't really mind, since it means I get to leave work a little early every Monday - always a good thing - and it usually only takes an extra 15 minutes, since the doctor's office is on my way home. Today, though, it took forever! Some poor child was getting her shots and was very definitely, and volubly, unhappy about it, so the shot lady was occupied for quite a while trying to settle her down enough to get the job done. The little girl, who looked to be about 5, was quite cute as she came out into the waiting room afterwards, still trying to stop crying and very politely reassuring the shot lady that she still liked her, even though it had hurt very much.

No comments: