Thursday, October 30, 2008

26 Things you didn't know about me until you read this...

For anyone just tuning in, I don't normally subject you to this sort of post, but I'm feeling a little creatively challenged today :)

1. What color is your toothbrush? Green and white - it's from my wonderful dentist. I seriously have the most amazing dentist in the world.

2. Name one person that made you smile today? My co-worker N. I was being visited at my workstation by Creepy Guy, who likes to drop by occasionally, and she came by with a question, letting me gracefully evict Creepy Guy. That made me smile.

3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Starting my work day by visiting all the people I supervise.

4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Looking for extra carpeting in the dungeon in the basement where we store all our excess office furniture.

5. What is your favorite candy? Anything containing chocolate.

6. What is the last thing you said aloud? "Where on earth is that coming from?" - I'll let you imagine the story behind that one...

7. What is the longest you have gone without sleeping? Back in my university days, up to 40 hours. Dang all nighters!

8. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yes, I did! I got my bonus at work this week, and rewarded myself with new shoes, a pair of pants, a cute brown corduroy skirt, 2 tops, a necklace and 2 pairs of earrings. I know it sounds like a lot, but I only go shopping twice a year, so it has to last :)

9. The last sporting event you watched? It think it was a Raptors game a couple of years ago.

10. Ever go camping? Not really - I've done some pseudo-camping, but I don't think it really counts.

11. Do you take vitamins daily? I try, but some days (like today) I forget.

12. Do you go to church every Sunday? Usually.

13. Do you have a tan? No, nor will I ever. I burn or freckle.

14. What are you doing tomorrow? Work, and then we'll be helping out at the gym program.

15. Where is your dad? He could be anywhere in Atlantic Canada - he travels a lot for his job.

16. Look to your left, what do you see? A filing cabinet, a tower fan and seven audit bags (a ginormous briefcase on wheels).

17. What do you think of when you hear 'Australia'? Kangaroos, sunshine and blonde people.

18. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? Since we currently don't own a car, the drive thru is not an option right now.

19. Who's the last person you talked to on the phone? A lady in our accounts payable department.

20. Any plans today? Working, and then we're having some friends over for dinner. Their daughter, who is not yet 2 years old, just received an ebook from her grandparents and they want TC's advice about what books to download for her. How do you know what books a 2-year old will like when she's old enough to read? TC's answer: stick to the classics!

21. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Contractors who don't show up when they say they will. Plus side: I have time to create a post like this :)

22. Do you have a maid service clean your house? Yup - the Thelmanator comes in once a month and saves my sanity. Bless her heart.

23. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Now that I think about it, I don't think I do. At least not verbally. I usually say 'hi' or something equally witty and clever ;)

24. What colour is your car? Transparent.

25. Last meal? A cup of tea and some sunflower seeds.

26. Have you ever slept until 1pm? Not since I was a camp counselor. I'd come home on the weekends and basically sleep, eat and do laundry until it was time to head back.

There you have it, folks! More than you ever needed to know, I'm sure :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, I didn't know what colour my toothbrush was until I took note after reading this post.

One of those things, I guess.