Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Do This Week:

  1. Re-pot my houseplants that have outgrown their current homes.
  2. Pick up the clothes that have erupted all over the floor and wash them.
  3. Listen to old mix tapes and determine if they're worth keeping.
  4. Order a shampoo bar - Sherrie, do you make those? Or know someone who does? I want to try one to see if they work.
  5. Order some books from Chapters with my gift certificate (thanks for all the wonderful suggestions, folks!).
  6. Plan crocheting lesson for a friend who wants to make a baby afghan.
  7. Start making list of what to pack for our upcoming trip to France (17 days and counting...).
  8. Arrange for someone to cover my shift in the nursery the Sunday we're away.
  9. Buy a pile of non-electric pencil sharpeners. Did you know that many African children become infected with HIV because the only thing they have to sharpen their pencils with is their father's old razor? A friend is going to Africa next week and has asked everyone to bring in as many pencil sharpeners as we can.
  10. Pick up one more skein of yarn to finally finish the latticework afghan.
  11. Photocopy some sheet music and return the originals to their owner (I know, I know - I'm a criminal).
  12. Get milk.
  13. Look into sources of local, preferably organic produce this summer.
  14. Come up with an idea for celebrating mother's day that doesn't require buying gifts (any suggestions?).
  15. Book a massage at the spa.
  16. Charge the batteries for our camera so I can start taking pictures again!
  17. Call the folks.
  18. Randomly select winner of mystery gift from previous post and send the gift.

That ought to keep me occupied! Have you all been out enjoying the glorious spring, even summer weather? TC and I went for a walk last night to pick up the soil for item #1, and it was lovely! The grass is green, the trees all have leaves, and some have started to blossom; daffodils and pansies and tulips are everywhere - it's a beautiful time of year.


Along the way to the hardware store, TC got ice cream while I got some sour gummie bears, which reminded me of all the summers I managed to beg a dollar from my mom to spend on penny candy at the local convenience store. Good times! We got home exhausted, TC from carrying 10 lbs of dirt for half an hour, and me from forgetting that it was 30 degrees out and over-dressing.


It's a warm, rainy day today - the kind that makes the earth smell delicious, and the worms come out to play on the sidewalks. A puddle-jumping kind of day. I'm going to have to find one on my way home :)

3 comments:

Austen said...

I can't *wait* for fresh, local veggies! I signed up for a CSA share this year from Plan B Organics and I'm super excited. They've got several drop-off points in Toronto. And there are a couple good farmers markets around here - one in Cabbagetown on Tuesday nights, and another out at the Brickworks (in the Don Valley, but surprisingly easy to get to) on Saturday mornings. Good luck with your search!

maureen said...

Shampoo bar?! I didn't know those even existed. *off to search etsy*

Sherrie said...

I'm making a batch of shampoo bars this weekend for a custom order; I'll send you one to try. :)

I might make a couple of batches while I'm at it and list some on Etsy again.

Happy almost-summer!