Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Check and Check :)

I'm always so much more productive when I take the time to make a list! Check out all I've managed to get done already:



16. Charge the batteries for our camera so I can start taking pictures again!


Isn't this tree gorgeous? It's right across the street from me, and I love walking by it every day on my way to and from work. It's always the first to bloom every spring - does anyone know what kind of tree it is?



1. Re-pot my houseplants that have outgrown their current homes.


This was fun! The trickiest part was re-potting the samona (top right) without getting pricked by its thorns, but it was well worth the risk just to be able to play in the dirt :)



2. Pick up the clothes that have erupted all over the floor and wash them.


Despite appearances, I'm not quite done this one yet - there's still one load to be folded. But when the second-last load came out of the dryer at 11:30 last night, I had to throw in the towel and go to bed. TC will (hopefully) get the last one done before he heads out this morning, though, so I'm counting it as done.



18. Randomly select winner of mystery gift from previous post and send the gift.


Except I haven't sent the gift yet :) Austen, if you'll email your address to bloomingpatterns at gmail dot com, I'll get it in the mail asap. Thank you all for your wonderful book and author suggestions - I'm looking forward to some good reading in the next little while.


4. Order a shampoo bar.


The wonderfully talented and generous Sherrie of Birch Bark Soap fame has offered to send me a shampoo bar to try. I can't wait - thank you so much Sherrie! Her soaps are amazing, so be sure to check out her etsy shop and order a few :)


12. Get milk.


15. Book a massage at the spa.


Done and done. Not bad for a little less than a day, eh?

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Magnolia, Magnolia! They are so beautiful. They usually bloom right around the same time as forsythias. There's going to be a magnolia festival next weekend in Annapolis Royal, and I think we may go for the photo ops. :) It's one of Adam's favourite flowers.

I love a completed list! It's so satisfying.

Re: shampoo bar - the batch I'm making is a custom batch for someone, and they've requested almond fragrance. Is that okay for you and your nose? I'm planning to make a couple batches if I have time, so I may make an unscented one, too. Let me know!

Sarah C said...

Huh. I've always thought magnolias only grew in the south - I guess I was wrong! Thanks Sherrie :)

And almond is fine - it tends to be the floral/musky stuff that does me in. I'm so excited to try it!

Annie said...

What a good productive day!

There are lots of Magnolia trees around here and there's one right by my bedroom window. I was planning on posting some pictures of it as well!

I'm so excited for your 'French' trip! I didn't realize it was coming so soon.

Alli said...

I am TOTALLY a list person , so I completely understand the satisfaction you get by adding the checks or crossing the item off! Well done...you've been very busy! :)