Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hints of Spring

I love this time of year! True, it's still -20 outside, and there isn't much greenery as of yet, but spring has begun and there's no stopping it now. How do I know that? When I woke up this morning, for the very first time this year I didn't have to turn on the lamp to see, because the sun had already risen. And then in the subway on the way to work, I was blinded by the sunshine at several points as the track went above ground. I know that will annoy the heck out of me later in the summer, but for now I rejoice in the fact that it means spring is on the way.

What about you folks? What is the first thing that "spring" to you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For me it's the smell of "earth" that makes me realize that Spring has arrived. I don't smell it yet so I'll have to wait a bit longer :)

Sherrie said...

The first afternoons when the sun feels warm on your back.

It's time to set the clocks ahead this weekend! Happy March!