Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Comfort Week - Place

I had to give a lot of thought to what I would consider to be the one place where I am the most comfortable. Memories of my parents' brown couch that was in the basement family room came to mind, where I'd often fall asleep in the intense heat from the wood stove while listening to the snap and crackle of the burning wood, but that place is no more since they moved into their new house so that won't do. Where, then, am I currently most comfortable?

Well, it's still a warm place - a place where I know I am loved, and where I could spend an unlimited amount of time if I was able. It's a place where I feel safe, and where I am most free to be myself. Where is that place? I know it may sound a bit cheesy, but the one place where I am most comfortable is in my husband's arms.

[Edit: I just noticed that today is National Hug Day in the US - how appropriate!]

[Edit Again: I forgot to mention that if you want to check out the other participants in comfort week, you can find them here.]

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

It does sound cheesy, but comfortable nonetheless. :)

Alli said...

It was my first thought too but you get all the credit! I am pretty sure it crossed more minds than just ours... I'm glad someone got up the guts to overcome the cheese! : )

Anonymous said...

That's a good thought - any place where one feels safe and loved is a place of comfort. :)