Monday, January 19, 2009

Comfort Foods

It's Comfort Week over at Sherrie's blog, and today's post is supposed to be about our favourite comfort foods. That turned out to be a perfect topic, since it's a cold, snowy January day, and after the long commute home comfort food was exactly what I needed. Something nice, simple, uncomplicated and easy. What did I make?


A great big, steaming bowl of creamy tomato soup, which I love to fill with crunched up crackers. And for dessert...

...a nice, hot cup of tea and some Toffifee. The comfort factor of tea should go without saying, but the Toffifee is a special treat. For as long as I can remember, my brother and I have always received a package of Toffifee from my grandparents for Christmas. It's become a tradition now, so I'm always reminded of my grammy and grampy whenever I eat a Toffifee. Plus, they have chocolate in them :)

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Another soup, yum! And Toffifee - heavenly. :)

Anonymous said...

I've not seen Toffifee...is it a Canadian candy? I'll have to look for it next time I visit family in Canada. Cream of tomato soup is heavenly!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness! Toffifee! I used to sell these in high school for the language clubs' fundraisers. SO good. Now I'm wondering how I can get my hands on some of them... :)