Sunday, March 9, 2008

Free at Last!

Whew! It's done! The craziness is finally over! Let me take you on a photographic journey of the last couple of days - here we go...


Here's the cosy little nook TC set up in the bedroom for me to study and do the oral part of my exam, which went really well. Afterward, instead of studying for the written exam like I probably should have, Cousin P and I watched...

The Price is Right with Drew Carey. As much as I miss Bob, I think Drew is doing alright as the new host. The only thing I wish is that he would quit trying to be like Bob - he needs to create his own niche. The fact that I've given this so much thought is somewhat concerning, now that I think about it...

I got up bright and early on Saturday morning to do some studying, then walked out the door to head to my exam and saw this:


It was beautiful, but it made it a little more difficult to get around. On the plus side, I basically had the exam room to myself! On my way home, as a reward for finally finishing the course, I stopped at a little shop down the street from us called In the Loop Cafe, a fabulous place to buy yarn. And that's exactly what I did!


This gorgeous yarn (60% superwash merino wool, 20% linen, 20% silk) is going to be an afghan. Here's what I have so far:

Then it was off to a potluck/meeting with some friends of ours. I took this apple crisp:

I think they liked it :-)


We had a great time, and now my life can hopefully return to a somewhat normal pace. Yay!

1 comment:

CrazyEnigma said...

The snow is a little nutzoid.