Monday, January 11, 2010

Change of plans

I think I may have to amend my initial intent for this blog - life is still a bit too crazy for daily posting, so why don't we try this instead: Once each week I will post about something that happened for which I'm thankful, and then as I have time I'll add whatever other little posts strike my fancy.

Something exciting did happen this past week, which I'm incredibly thankful for. After 6 months of paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork, we finally have some movement in our ongoing quest to adopt. Last Thursday we met with a social worker from our local Children's Aid Society to review our application and conduct the preliminary interview. There's still a long way to go before we're placed with a child, but at least this means they're considering us and the process is moving along. The next step is to be assigned an adoption worker who will be with us throughout the process, so here's hoping that won't take too long ;)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take heart, I know of a family in Toronto who waited only a few months after their application was finalised to be matched with their infant daughter.

Sherrie said...

Fantastic - I'm glad that the process is progressing, and it's nice to be hearing from you again! :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Are you pursuing private adoption as well?
sharon

Sarah C said...

Thanks everyone!

Sharon - No, we've decided to work exclusively with the CAS, for a number of different reasons.

Alli said...

That's GREAT news! Keep us posted and I completely understand about posting...I too am crazy these days! :) I look forward to your weekly insights!

Kristi said...

Good luck, we adopted our daughter from the Dallas area when she was a day old and it took us 11 months to find her. We are in the process of adoption again and the wait has been longer.

Kristi said...

I wish you all the luck in the world. It seems when we want something bad enough it takes forever. We just have to have faith that God will see it through.