Thursday, May 7, 2009

This and that

Where on earth does the time go? I feel like I just sat down and wrote the last post, and it's already been a week! Yowza. On the bright side, I've been crossing things off my ever-growing list like mad, and it's finally looking manageable :)

On a different note, I learned this week why I've been hobbling around on my left foot for the past couple of months. Apparently I have plantar fasciitis, which is kind of like tennis elbow, except in your heel. Painful, but treatable by wearing proper footwear and stretching. I was glad to find that out, since we're planning on doing a lot of walking in France and I didn't want to have to contend with something more serious.

Speaking of France, our trip preparations are in full swing. I've started my packing list, and am gathering the items that we'll need but don't already have on hand (i.e. Euros, emergency numbers, etc.). Our friends JP & KP, who we'll be visiting in Nancy, have asked us to bring them a power bar, caesar salad dressing, soda crackers and chapstick in the black tube. Apparently these are hard to come by over there :) Eight days from now, we'll be on the plane. So exciting!

Another exciting development - my dad is going to be in town for a few hours on Friday while he's between flights, so I get to have dinner with him. Yay! That also gives me the opportunity to send my mum's Mother's Day gift home with him, although I don't yet know what it's going to be :)

That's all I can think of to update you about for now. Between the last paragraph and this I spent three hours running around the office with a couple of maintenance guys, moving stuff - or rather explaining why they were moving stuff to everyone who walked by and just had to know - so I'm pretty much wiped. I'm going to head home in a few minutes, cook some stir fry and head out to a friend's place for games night. Ciao!

No comments: