Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My head thinks it's 2am...

Whew - still dealing with the jetlag. I left work a little early today because I couldn't put complete sentences together or remember the names of people I work with every day. Sigh. On a brighter note, I've downloaded (uploaded?) the pictures from the camera and can start posting them for you to see. There are over 400 of them, so strap in! Just kidding - we'll stick to the highlights :)


Here are a couple of teasers:



This was a snack we had at a little cafe next to the Seine on our last night in Paris - citron fruit pressé, which is essentially make your own lemonade, and crème brûlée. According to TC, I now need to learn how to make it. I am more than willing to try. Anyone have a good recipe?



Alli, I took this pic for you! We were walking through the Île de la Cité the same night, and I spotted a shop that sold nothing but the most beautiful orchids. Unfortunately the lighting is a little off (taking pictures through a shop window at night is kind of tricky), and since we were leaving the next morning we couldn't go back to see it in the daytime. But the orchids were lovely!

3 comments:

Sherrie said...

Glad you're back safe and sound. Although I didn't properly burn the top when I made this batch, it was incredible.

http://twentytwopleasant.blogspot.com/2008/02/creme-brulee.html

I've made regular oven ones, too, and they worked just as well.

Sarah C said...

I just printed off the recipe - if it made you swear, it has to be good! Thanks Sherrie :)

Alli said...

Thanks for thinking of me!! The orchids are awesome! What a beautiful display...now if only I could get mine to bloom like that! lol

Thanks for the recipe Sherrie, I will definitely have to try them too. Oh how I miss French food....I was there for a few months on an exchange many years ago and still dream of the cheeses, crepes and chocolate croissants (among other deliciousness)... I can't wait for more pics! :)