Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Overheard on the streetcar...

"Go ahead, try it - there's, like, no sugar."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, it says right on the front."
"That's wierd, cause it usually has sugar."
"No - see, it says right on it: 'No sodium.'"
"So?"
"Sodium and sugar are the same thing."
"No they're not - sodium is, like, salt or something, isn't it?"
"Oh, well there's still no sugar or anything in it - it's organic."
"Organic doesn't mean no sugar."
"But it means it's supposed to be healthy, right?"
"Yeah, but it only means they didn't add any chemicals and stuff. It still has sugar."
"Oh."

Is anyone else somewhat disturbed by this conversation?

3 comments:

Mitchell DeWare said...

That, my friend, is hilarious!

Sarah C said...

It was! I had all I could do not to laugh out loud while sitting behind them :)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps its just because I've been paying more attention lately, but it seems I've been noticing more and more similar conversations on public transit. I suspect that ignorance is contagious, or at the very least, genetic.