Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Beautiful Day


What a glorious day! The sun is shining, the sky is blue and there's a delicious breeze blowing through the appartment. I woke up this morning and knew we had to go for a walk, and that's just what we did! We walked down to the local health food store and picked up some lavendar, peppermint and rosemary essential oils. Tomorrow is soap-making day! Then on the way home, TC wanted to stop in at the Goodwill store and look at the books, so he went ahead to do that while I bought some plump asparagus and fresh Ontario tomatoes from a little corner fruit & veggie store. I would have gone with him, but he takes a while to peruse the books, and I find that most second-hand stores set off my allergies so I can't be in them for too long. When I did catch up with him, though, I found us a few wine glasses. By that time he had found 2 books - one a Steinbeck collection and the other a Jane Austen memoir. Both are now airing out on the sunporch.

It was such a beautifully long walk, and we were starting to get a little hungry when we smelled barbeque! Just ahead of us, at Marcket Fine Foods, they had set one up out in front of the store and were selling gourmet mini-hamburgers for $2. We had to stop and have one each - they were soooo good! Then we popped into the McDonald's two stores down and got a milkshake, which we drank the rest of the way home.

Have I mentioned that I love Saturdays? And springtime? And walking with someone I love? And walking with someone I love on a Saturday in springtime? It just doesn't get any better!

No comments: