Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Resolution Recap - part 2

Resolution #2: Food - This is an area that we have been working on since we started fending for ourselves, and while there has been some improvement, there is always room for more! For me this is going to take the form of having no more than one serving of sweets and/or baked goods each day. For his part TC has sworn off pop, except for an occasional diet version.

Okay, so on this one we haven't done quite so well... TC's pop embargo lasted about two weeks. In his defense, though, he has been drinking a lot less than he used to (at least around me) - but none of it is diet. It turns out he can't stand the taste of the diet stuff, and aspartame really isn't all that good for you anyway, right? Right?

As for me, I have succeeded in cutting down on the overall amount of sweets that I eat. The key has been that I just don't bake as much as I used to, which kind of sucks since I love to bake, but since I also love to eat it was a sacrifice that had to be made. I haven't completely stopped baking, but I am no longer compelled to keep some sort of baked good always available. I've found that if I'm really jonesing for something sugary, I can eat a tablespoon or so of milk chocolate chips and I'm good to go. I realize how desperate that sounds, but hey! It works!

Would it be fair to say that we partly accomplished this goal?

2 comments:

Annie said...

I say you're both pretty courageous and I think you did well. If you want more help Sarah, we could exchange our ovens. Mine only works on broil which makes it somewhat difficult to bake anything. I've managed to learn to cook the broil way, bottom broil 5 mins, top broil 5 mins, keep swtiching until food is cooked...Not so pleasant but oh well.

Can't wait to see you guys!!!! What are your plans, if you have any?

Annie

Sarah C said...

That sounds challenging! Actually, my oven is kind of like that - the burners work, but the door only opens half way, so you have to hold it open with your knee while you try to get your pan out of the oven without burning yourself :) Makes it fun, eh?